WICHITA, Kan. - No charges are expected to be filed after a child was accidentally locked in a hot car in northwest Wichita.
It happened around 7:00 p.m. Monday as a family was leaving a restaurant at 21st and Amidon. The couple placed their two-year-old daughter in the car, then accidentally shut the door with the keys still inside. When they couldn't get back in, they immediately called 911.
Police arrived, and an officer broke out a car window to free the child. The temperature outside was 97, and police said the girl's temperature was already on the rise. The girl was checked out by EMS crews and released to her parents.
The family is from Las Vegas, and were in town visiting relatives.