Email: news@knssradio.com
Studio Line: (316) 436-1330
Opinion Line: (316) 247-1334
A   A   A
 Follow 
Share
Photo: KAKE News
Posted: Sunday, 24 August 2014 1:00AM

Careless Smoking Blamed for East Wichita Fire



WICHITA, Kan. - Investigators blame a carelessly discarded cigarette for a fire Saturday at an east Wichita triples.

Firefighters were called to the 400 block of Bleckley Drive near Central and Oliver just after 4 p.m.

Hot and windy conditions made an already tough job even tougher. Tonight, four adult residents are looking for a new place to stay.

Battalion Chief Joe Bickel says all three units will probably be uninhabitable for the next several weeks.

He says damage is estimated at about $60,000 to the structure, and another $15,000 to contents. The Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents. One firefighter suffered slight burn injuries when a hot ember went down his sleeve.

KAKE News
Filed Under :  
Topics : Disaster_Accident
Social :
Locations : KansasWichita
People : Joe Bickel
A   A   A
 Follow 
Share
08/24/2014 1:02AM
Careless Smoking Blamed for East Wichita Fire
Please enter your comments below.
Title :
Comment :