WICHITA, Kan. - Investigators blame a carelessly discarded cigarette for a fire Saturday at an east Wichita triples.
Firefighters were called to the 400 block of Bleckley Drive near Central and Oliver just after 4 p.m.
Hot and windy conditions made an already tough job even tougher. Tonight, four adult residents are looking for a new place to stay.
Battalion Chief Joe Bickel says all three units will probably be uninhabitable for the next several weeks.
He says damage is estimated at about $60,000 to the structure, and another $15,000 to contents. The Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents. One firefighter suffered slight burn injuries when a hot ember went down his sleeve.