Email: news@knssradio.com
Studio Line: (316) 436-1330
Opinion Line: (316) 247-1334
A   A   A
 Follow 
Share
Photo: KAKE News
Posted: Monday, 11 August 2014 4:23PM

Toddler Burned in Home Accident



WICHITA, Kan.  -  A Wichita toddler was rushed to the hospital after officials say he was burned in an incident involving a bottle of flammable liquid and a candle.

It happened just before 1:00 p.m. Monday in the 200 block of North Gow.  Police say and 12-year-old and an 8-year-old were watching their two younger siblings while their parents were at work.

The older two went in the bathroom to brush their teeth after lunch, while a toddler sat on the counter with them.

When finished, police said, the 12- and 8-year-old left the bathroom, each thinking the other was accompanying the toddler. However, the toddler was left in the bathroom.

The two-year-old boy knocked over a plastic bottle likely containing hairspray, and it caught fire. The toddler suffered second degree burns to his upper body.

The older brother carried the burned toddler to the neighbor, who called 911.

He was taken to a local hospital in critical condition.

 

KAKE News
Filed Under :  
Topics : Law_Crime
Social :
Locations : KansasWichita
A   A   A
 Follow 
Share
08/11/2014 4:24PM
Toddler Burned in Home Accident
Please enter your comments below.
Title :
Comment :