Email: news@knssradio.com
Studio Line: (316) 436-1330
Opinion Line: (316) 247-1334
A   A   A
 Follow 
Share

Posted: Monday, 14 July 2014 8:59PM

Apartment Fire Displaces Some Residents



WICHITA, Kan. -  A fire at a west Wichita apartment complex has left behind significant damage.

It happened around 5 p.m. at the Raintree Apartments complex located at 777 N. Silver Springs. When crews arrived on scene they found heavy smoke and flames coming from an apartment inside building #20.

Flames went into the attic space and spread throughout the building. Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control in about 20 minutes after arriving on scene.

The cause of the fire has been traced to a discarded cigarette. Damage is estimated at $600,000.

Residents who have been displaced by the fire are being assisted by the Red Cross.

KAKE News
Filed Under :  
Topics : Disaster_AccidentSocial Issues
Social :
Locations : KansasWichita
A   A   A
 Follow 
Share
07/14/2014 9:02PM
Apartment Fire Displaces Some Residents
Please enter your comments below.
Title :
Comment :