Email: news@knssradio.com
Studio Line: (316) 436-1330
Opinion Line: (316) 247-1334
A   A   A
 Follow 
Share

Posted: Saturday, 05 July 2014 5:02PM

Improperly disposed fireworks cause house fire in Hutchinson



Hutchinson, Kan. - A garage fire caused significant damage to a home in Hutchinson.

It happened around 2 a.m. Saturday, when firefighters were called to 51 Random Road on the report of a fire. Crews found heavy fire when they arrived on scene.

Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control in 20 minutes, but not before the fire caused significant damage. The garage of the home suffered significant damage, but there was heavy heat and smoke damage throughout the home.

The damage is estimated at $60,000 to the home, and $30,000 to the contents. The cause appears to be improperly disposed of fireworks.

The 5 residents of the home were able to escape safely. A firefighter was taken to the hospital for treatment of an unspecified environmental issue.

He has since been treated and released.


KAKE News
A   A   A
 Follow 
Share
07/05/2014 5:04PM
Improperly disposed fireworks cause house fire in Hutchinson
Please enter your comments below.
Title :
Comment :