Email: news@knssradio.com
Studio Line: (316) 436-1330
Opinion Line: (316) 247-1334
A   A   A
 Follow 
Share

Posted: Thursday, 16 January 2014 5:20AM

Fire Destroys Hutchinson Home



Hutchinson, Kan. - Water had to be trucked in from surrounding communities after a fire broke out in Hutchinson Wednesday evening. Hutchinson firefighters were called to the 500 block of Kent Road shortly before 6:30 p.m. after a fire broke out inside the garage a home. Deputy Fire Chief Doug Hanen says the homeowner was changing out a fuel pump on a propane heater when the fire started. He was able to get everyone outside, but the family's dog perished in the fire. There were no fire hydrants in the area, so crews from Reno Fire districts in Buhler, Haven, and Yoder/Pleasantview assisted in supplying water to put out the flames.

The fire caused extensive damage and Hanen says the home is expected to be a total loss. A damage estimate was not available. The Red Cross was called in to assist the family.

KAKE News
Filed Under :  
Topics : Disaster_Accident
Social :
Locations : HutchinsonKansas
People : Doug Hanen
A   A   A
 Follow 
Share
01/16/2014 5:23AM
Fire Destroys Hutchinson Home
Please enter your comments below.
Title :
Comment :