WICHITA, Kan. - A man who was trimming tree branches was rushed to a hospital after coming in contact with an electrified branch. It happened shortly before 3:00 p.m. Tuesday in the 1500 block of South Market as he was trimming trees from a boom lift.The man was shocked when he touched a tree branch that was up against a power line. He was able to jump out of the lift into the tree, and other employees used a rope to help lower him to the ground.
According to witnesses, the man in his 40s was conscious when emergency personnel arrived and able to walk to the ambulance on his own. He was taken to the burn unit at Via Christi on St. Francis to be checked out.