WICHITA, Kan. - A man suffered critical burns while grilling at a northeast Wichita home. The accident happened just before 3 p.m. Sunday in the 1500 block of North Grove Street.
Officials say the 48-year-old man was standing near the grill when something caused it to burst into flames. The man suffered second-degree burns.
The fire was already out by the time crews arrived on the scene. The man was taken to a nearby hospital in critical condition. His injuries do not appear to be life-threatening.
The incident is under investigation.