EL DORADO, Kan. - Four people were hospitalized after suffering from burns and smoke inhalation in an El Dorado house fire. The blaze was reported just after 5 p.m. Sunday in the 1900 block of Jason Drive.
Officials say a patio grill caught the side of the house on fire. The flames were so intense that crews had to fight the fire defensively from outside the home.
Two people suffering from facial burns and smoke inhalation were taken to an El Dorado hospital in critical condition. They were later transported to a Wichita hospital. Two others suffered less severe smoke inhalation and were also hospitalized in El Dorado. Their names and ages have not been released.
The fire is under investigation. Officials say the damage to the home is so severe that they believe it will be ruled a total loss.