- Davidson sparks 8-run 6th as White Sox rout Royals 12-1
- Goddard, Clearwater to vote on school bond issue
- Governor tightens regulations after boy's waterslide death
- Kansas legislative panels to resume work on budget issues
- Turkey hunter in Kansas injures brother, friend by mistake
- University of Kansas Greek house landlords form coalition
- Sedgwick County considers options for Riddel Boys Ranch
- Missouri teen shot after alleged cookie theft files lawsuit
- GateHouse executive based in Hutchinson is resigning
- Kansas City Chiefs schedule is best in five years
- Arkansas carries out first double execution in U.S. since 2000
- New Orleans is latest place in the South knocking down monuments to the Confederacy
- Lawyer: Doctor dragged from United flight planning legal action
- 2 dead in apparent murder-suicide at Dallas office building, police say
- Ex-teacher who allegedly kidnapped teen planned to run to Mexico, prosecutors say
- Video captures moment 4-year-old girl falls out the back of moving van
- Tennessee teen's sister on kidnapping, 'roller coaster' of emotions
- US astronaut Peggy Whitson breaks American spaceflight record
- Police appeal to public for help finding missing 5-year-old; father arrested
- Three children among five dead in Queens house fire
Should Fox News have parted ways with Bill O'Reilly?
Vargas pitches Royals to 2-0 win over Bumgarner, Giants
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Jason Vargas dazzled for the third straight start, the Royals finally scored off Giants ace Madison Bumgarner and Kansas City beat San Francisco 2-0 on Wednesday night to split their two-game series.
Vargas (3-0) scattered four hits over seven innings with nine strikeouts and no walks, his 12th straight start allowing two runs or fewer — the longest streak by a left-hander in franchise history.
The veteran is also unbeaten in his last eight home starts.
Joakim Soria pitched a perfect eighth inning in relief of Vargas, and Kelvin Herrera worked around a leadoff walk in the ninth to earn his third save and finish a 5-3 homestand for the Royals.