- Davidson sparks 8-run 6th as White Sox rout Royals 12-1
- Goddard, Clearwater to vote on school bond issue
- Governor tightens regulations after boy's waterslide death
- Kansas legislative panels to resume work on budget issues
- Turkey hunter in Kansas injures brother, friend by mistake
- University of Kansas Greek house landlords form coalition
- Sedgwick County considers options for Riddel Boys Ranch
- Missouri teen shot after alleged cookie theft files lawsuit
- GateHouse executive based in Hutchinson is resigning
- Kansas City Chiefs schedule is best in five years
- Arkansas carries out first double execution in U.S. since 2000
- New Orleans is latest place in the South knocking down monuments to the Confederacy
- Lawyer: Doctor dragged from United flight planning legal action
- 2 dead in apparent murder-suicide at Dallas office building, police say
- Ex-teacher who allegedly kidnapped teen planned to run to Mexico, prosecutors say
- Video captures moment 4-year-old girl falls out the back of moving van
- Tennessee teen's sister on kidnapping, 'roller coaster' of emotions
- US astronaut Peggy Whitson breaks American spaceflight record
- Police appeal to public for help finding missing 5-year-old; father arrested
- Three children among five dead in Queens house fire
Should Fox News have parted ways with Bill O'Reilly?
Student brings gun to Northwest High
WICHITA, Kan. - A student with a gun was removed from Northwest High campus on Thursday. The student and the weapon were taken into custody by a school resource officer. Parents were sent a message from USD 259 explaining the incident.
The notice read in part: "Today we had a student in possession of an unloaded gun at school. The discovery was an isolated incident and there were no threats made and no one was hurt."
USD 259 spokesperson Susan Arensman old KSN News Thursday’s incident was not related to an incident Tuesday where threats were made on social media.