Dreamstime

Grass fire ignites a blaze at assisted living center in Augusta

November 21, 2017 - 5:32 am
Categories: 

A fire forced the Homestead Assisted Living Center in Augusta to be evacuated. It happened around noon Monday. 

The Augusta Department of  Public Safety told KSN News they determined that the fire began as a grass fire outside the facility.  A sprinkler went off and contained the fire inside the building.

Thirty residents were evacuated by staff for about an hour before they were allowed to return to the facility. No injuries were reported.

Comments ()