- Memorial planned for police K-9 killed in gunfire exchange
- Overnight shooting leaves one injured
- One dead following collision in east Wichita
- Wildfire aid: Michigan farmers sending hay to help Kansas
- Oregon Ducks crush the Jayhawks championship dream.
- Homeless man arrested after attempting a pay to park scam.
- Kansas judge to hear request for consolidated murder hearing
- Accidental shooting injures 3
- One dead in early morning accident on I-235
- Officials say Kansas blaze caused $23M to $25M in damage
- Frenchmen traveling across U.S. in jeep in honor of Pulse nightclub victims visit Tampa Pride
- Emails between allegedly kidnapped teen and former teacher reveal 'romantic interest,' says DA
- 1 dead, 14 injured in shooting incident at Cincinnati nightclub
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Las Vegas bus shooting
- NY officer's body camera reveals horrific crime scene in murder-for-hire plot aftermath
- Infant and toddler found stabbed to death in North Carolina; father arrested
- Fearless Florida diver pulls metal hook from shark's belly
- 'Incognito Bandit' bank robbery suspect arrested trying to board South Africa-bound flight
- Virginia police arrest sword-wielding man dressed as the Joker
- Las Vegas' Bellagio put on 30-minute lockdown following armed burglary at watch store
U.S. Government Military Spending
Fire at Overland Park apartment building sparks house fires
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (AP) — An 8-alarm fire at an apartment building under construction in Overland Park has sparked fires on several homes blocks away.
The Kansas City Star reports the blaze Monday at a building at the multimillion-dollar City Place development blew plumes of smoke and embers along rows of homes nearby.
Some residents were being evacuated as a precaution. There are no immediate reports of injuries.
Flames and heavy black smoke were pouring from the multi-story apartment building. The newspaper reports the fire appears to be coming from two buildings under construction at the development and within minutes began to spread to nearby houses.
Authorities say at least six other fires were reported at nearby homes.
Neighboring fire departments are helping the Overland Park Fire Department battle the blazes.