- Well Leakage In Winfield Has Residents Concerned
- Returning Kansas lawmakers face deadlines on budget, schools
- Oklahoma weather forces early start of West Nile monitoring
- Wichita man stabbed to death
- Nebraska: Kansas' annual smoke management review not enough
- Videos reportedly show gruesome abuse of young Kansas boy
- Rival health system bids to operate troubled Topeka hospital
- Sano drives in 4 as Twins beat Royals 6-4
- Affidavit released in Wichita beheading case
- Fifth suspect in Pittsburg State student's death pleads
- People's Climate March draws massive crowd to Washington, D.C. on President Trump's 100th day in office
- Reward offered in search for escaped inmate convicted in attempted murder of cop
- Texas police officer faked his death and fled to Mexico, say officials
- National Security Agency ends controversial email collection program
- Violent gang MS-13 is believed to be linked to several recent Long Island killings
- Man who captured crash 'shocked' to see driver walk away after dramatic rollover
- Trump’s First 100 Days
- Police search for escaped prisoner in Maryland
- Arkansas executes fourth prisoner in eight days
- Reporter’s notebook: How LA rose from the ashes of the riots 25 years ago
The Kansas Senate's majority leader is suggesting that Kansas impose an extra fee on utility bills to provide new dollars for public schools. Is this a good solution?
Early morning house fire in east Wichita
WICHITA, Kan. (KNSS) - One firefighter suffered minor injuries while battling a house fire Monday morning in east Wichita.
Around 4:15 a.m. fire crews were called to the 400 block of south Poplar, near Kellogg and Grove where they found smoke and flame coming from the rear of as two-story residence.
Wichita Fire Chief Ron Blackwell said crews encountered arcing power lines which delayed the beginning of the firefight. Crews did enter the residence looking for an occupant. That person had already exited the home.
Fire officials have not released any information on the cause of the fire or given a damage estimate.