- Memorial planned for police K-9 killed in gunfire exchange
- Overnight shooting leaves one injured
- One dead following collision in east Wichita
- Wildfire aid: Michigan farmers sending hay to help Kansas
- Oregon Ducks crush the Jayhawks championship dream.
- Homeless man arrested after attempting a pay to park scam.
- Kansas judge to hear request for consolidated murder hearing
- Accidental shooting injures 3
- One dead in early morning accident on I-235
- Officials say Kansas blaze caused $23M to $25M in damage
- Frenchmen traveling across U.S. in jeep in honor of Pulse nightclub victims visit Tampa Pride
- Emails between allegedly kidnapped teen and former teacher reveal 'romantic interest,' says DA
- 1 dead, 14 injured in shooting incident at Cincinnati nightclub
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Las Vegas bus shooting
- NY officer's body camera reveals horrific crime scene in murder-for-hire plot aftermath
- Infant and toddler found stabbed to death in North Carolina; father arrested
- Fearless Florida diver pulls metal hook from shark's belly
- 'Incognito Bandit' bank robbery suspect arrested trying to board South Africa-bound flight
- Virginia police arrest sword-wielding man dressed as the Joker
- Las Vegas' Bellagio put on 30-minute lockdown following armed burglary at watch store
U.S. Government Military Spending
Serena Williams no longer top-ranked tennis player as Angelique Kerber reclaims No. 1 spot
(NEW YORK) - ESPN reports German tennis player Angelique Kerber has climbed the Women’s Tennis Association's (WTA) rankings all the way to the No. 1 spot, reclaiming the honor from Serena Williams.
Kerber was named the world's top female player on Monday. She previously ascended to No. 1 on September 12, 2016, only to surrender it back to Williams in January.
Kerber overtook Williams for the top spot in September after defeating her at last summer's US Open. Williams took it back by winning the Australian Open in January.
Williams has not played since she won in Melbourne. She has been resting an injured left knee, having won her record-23rd Grand Slam title in the last tournament in which she appeared.
Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.