Former sheriff talks politics
At the age of 70, Mike Hill has retired. His careers included the U-S Navy, private business, and 38 years in law enforcement at the Wichita Police Department, and as Sedgwick County Sheriff. I talked with Hill for the “Issues 2012” program this past weekend.
He told the story of the Holiday Inn sniper, who fired a rifle from the top floor of the building into the streets of downtown Wichita … killing three and wounding eight. Mike Hill led the team that shot and captured the sniper August 11th, 1976.
His political career included his time as sheriff. He told me today’s politics is too “confrontational” … that it wouldn’t be much fun. He also talked about the way today’s politicians insist on getting their own way, to the point that nothing gets done.
Hill says a politician should never “draw a line in the sand”.
Mike and I spent an interesting half hour together. If you missed the broadcast, you can hear a podcast on our web page … K-N-S-S radio dot com.
Our thought for today is from Henry Kissinger:
“90% of the politicians give the other 10% a bad reputation.”